• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Turnaround Relocation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cpikevin

6 months ago I relocated from Ontario Canada to Northeast Pennsylvania with the "verbal" assurance that this was a permanent move. At the time, I was given 3 options:

1. Stay based in Ontario, and work in Green Bay, WI on a project for 12 to 14months, with monthly visits home - long weekends.

2. Move to Green Bay, WI, and then relocated to a "permanent" location after the project.

3. Move to Pennsylvania permanently and they will find somenone else to cover Green Bay.

I chose to move to Pennsylvania as a permanent move. Now the company has told me to move to Green Bay or be laid off. They are only offering to cover moving costs for a U-haul rental, and paying a $40/day per diem while I am on the project. After the project they have not guaranteed me that I can return to PA.

Even with the per diem, I cannot afford to keep my house in PA. Does the company owe me anything for relocating me twice in such a short period of time? I suspect not.

FYI, I am a Canadian citizen working on a NAFTA-TN Visa (I-94). My wife is not permitted to work in USA, and will have to move back to Canada to work so that we can afford our monthly expenses until our house sells in PA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">