• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit abruptly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bill427

I had quit my job on the spot without giving prior notice. I had worked 28 hours the week I quit out of a 40 hour work week. I got paid weekly. My former boss has yet to pay me for the 28 hours worked that week. Am I entitled to receive the pay for those hours worked? I live in West Virginia.

K

karapeterson

I am not a lawyer......civilian..it is against the law for him to withhold payment for any work you did...you have to be paid..maybe you can contact your b.b.b.

JETX

Assuming you were not working under any minimum or guarantee contract, you are entitled to payment for your actual hours worked.

Contact your former employer and tell him that he can pay you now, or pay you after you file a complaint with the state labor board and they investigate his business and labor practices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">