• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit during probation period

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lthull

California - What is the legal waiting period to recieve your last paycheck if you at will left your job during your probation period?

mlane58

According to Califorinia Labor
"If an employee not having a written contract for a definite period quits his or her employment, his or her wages shall become due and payable not later than 72 hours thereafter, unless the employee has given 72 hours previous notice of his or her intention to quit, in which case the employee is entitled to his or her wages at the time of quitting. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, an employee who quits without providing a 72-hour notice shall be entitled to receive payment by mail if he or she so requests and
designates a mailing address. The date of the mailing shall
constitute the date of payment for purposes of the requirement to
provide payment within 72 hours of the notice of quitting."

lthull

question

California - There wasn't a 72 hours notice before I quit, I was under the impression that during your probation, and being "at will" I could of ended the relationship or vice versa at any time with out reason. Which is what I did. So when should I get my last check then?

ENASNI

lthull said:
California - There wasn't a 72 hours notice before I quit, I was under the impression that during your probation, and being "at will" I could of ended the relationship or vice versa at any time with out reason. Which is what I did. So when should I get my last check then?

Re-read the post from Mlane... if you still can't get it... Okay we will try to spell it out to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">