• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quitting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mandacoop

What is the name of your state? CA
I put my two weeks notice in on September 24, 2003 today i went to the doctor and he gave me a note to not return to work until September 30, 2003, now my manager is saying they might decide to terminate me is that something they can do?

enjay

Yes. They are not required to allow you to work during your notice and may terminate you at any time. If you are terminated you will not be paid for your 2 weeks notice.

M

mandacoop

another question

state of ca
i know they can terminate me at any time, what i am asking is that can they terminate me because i have a doctor's note saying not to work and now they want to terminate me because of that. is that something that they can do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes. Since you had already given your notice they can ask you to leave at any time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">