• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Race discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

steph72

I work in a physician's office in Illinois. We are in the process of hiring a new physician for the office. Our office manager, who is very rude and controlling, has made comments regarding the race of some of the physician candidates. For example, we had a physician interview who was black. THe office manager made a comment to me that she wished the recruiting service would tell her what color the doctor was before he came for an interview.
She has also made statements that she has not called potential female physician's because she thinks that they have a first name that "sounds black." One other person, besides me, has heard her make this comment. What can I do? I feel like reporting this to the HR Manager at the hospital that owns the practice I work for.

racer72

Reporting this person to HR sound like the right step. But, be prepared to back up any and all claims made against this person. As the initiator, the proof of guilt is on your shoulders, not the accused. Having a group of folks behind you is the best method. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">