• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

racial discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

honeydripper

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? michigan I was convicted of a misdamenor in 1991, and since I was a minor at the time I
didnt know it was on my record. I later applied with Southfield public schools
in 2001. They said that I had that record and fired me befor I even got to work
a day or got money. I later got the misdamenor expunged and reapplied in 2005
with Southfield public schools. They hired me and let me work for three days
befor terminating me again. The reason for this was that they said that I
didn't tell them on the application that I worked for them in 2001. I never
made money from them so I really didnt work for them and there is nothing on
the application that asks had I ever applied with them in the past or have I
ever worked for them. I didnt put them down because they didnt ask me to, and I
never worked for them. What can I do? Are they legally right? Im a black person > I feel that I would not have been treated this way if I were white. Should I sue for racial discrimination? Can this information be on my records and ruin my chance for any other teaching position?

OrioleFan443

Be accountable for your actions, move on...

honeydripper said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? michigan I was convicted of a misdamenor in 1991, and since I was a minor at the time I
never worked for them. What can I do? Are they legally right? Im a black person > I feel that I would not have been treated this way if I were white. Should I sue for racial discrimination? Can this information be on my records and ruin my chance for any other teaching position?
It's obvious they don't want you. I doubt color has anything to do with it, I mean they did hire you! It is your past and the decisions YOU MADE that have haunted you.

Tony31

honeydripper said:
To establish a Title VII claim, you have the burden of proof that racial discrimination motivated their decision. by either direct evidence, or circumstantial evidence. You must prove this enough to overcome summary judgement.
IF.......if you should survive summary judgement, you will enter a trial with what?......that you have no solid work history with this city to establish their potential bias?
What are you going to show the court? If you get hired, what then? How do you expect to be treated after suing you boss?
Most states have an avenue where a misdemeanor conviction can be removed from one's record after proof of complettion of the probationary terms. Thats you best bet.
To walk into a court and say, "White people turned me down because I'm black" with a misdemeanor conviction borders on the frivolous. What city entity is going to hire an individual with a criminal record?.....you tell me.......you tell me?

Beth3

What can I do? Are they legally right? Im a black person > I feel that I would not have been treated this way if I were white. Should I sue for racial discrimination? They hired you twice. If your race was an issue, they wouldn't have hired you at all.

I would expect a school to be especially sensitive about hiring someone with a criminal record. Just because a conviction has been expunged with the court does not mean that a record of it still does not exist in a number of other places. I imagine you lied on the application form the first time around, by saying you had never been convicted of a crime, and then did not reveal your employment history (such as it was) with them the second time around.

I don't remotely see any race discrimination in any of that.

panzertanker

honeydripper said:
Im a black person > I feel that I would not have been treated this way if I were white. Should I sue for racial discrimination?
Give me a break!!!!!
What a pathetic attempt to make this a racial issue...
honeydripper said:
Can this information be on my records and ruin my chance for any other teaching position?
Being black???
Nah, I don't think so.....

Your mindset, that this could possibly be a racial discrimination case, shows how a good thing is abominized and abused.
Move on and use the brain you have to teach tolerance and logic, not racial viewpoints...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How many times do you plan to post this question and how many different ways do you plan to spin it?

The last time you posted it you were trying to claim it was illegal because they didn't ask you if you had worked there before.

Listen to me: THEY DO NOT HAVE TO HIRE YOU IF THEY DON'T WANT TO.

You have provided NO evidence to support a claim of racial discrimination. "I don't think they would have done this if I were white" is NOT evidence. In addition, the fact that you WERE hired initially indicates that your race is not an issue.

You are going to have to accept the fact that for whatever reason, they don't want you to work for them and you do not have any legal grounds whatsoever to force them to hire you. You didn't have a legal case the last time you posted, you don't have a legal case now, and you aren't going to have a legal case the next time you post, which I devoutly hope you won't.

Apply somewhere else and move on. No matter how much you want to work here, they've made it clear it isn't going to happen.

You Are Guilty

They didn't hire you because you are a stupid, lying, criminal that does not deserve to teach children. I bet you even practice witchcraft.

The fact that you happen to be black is irrelevant. Bugger off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">