• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racial and Gender Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeffara

I was recently up for a job promotion. There were only two candidates. Me (African American female) and a white male. The white male was chosen for the position. There was not an interview, the position was filled when I took the day off. I asked my supervisor why the white male was chosen over me he said for alot of reasons, one he was mechanically inclined ( the white male sold car parts in a former job) two because it was a mans job and he would worry less if he was over there and not me. He did mention that being a black female was to my advantage, because there were no black females in leadership positions. Is this gender and racial discrimination? If so, what can I do about it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">