• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Raise denied for bad attitude

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xstal

I work for a large company in California. My supervisor had been off work for 4 months before coming back last week. I suspected she was going to try and make me quit or get me fired so I talked with the regional manager at the office where I work the Monday she returned. He said that when she asks to have the one-on-one conversation with me to tell her that I want a third party there or to tape it. He offered to be the third party but would be out of the office until Wednesday. On Tuesday she said it was time for the meeting, so I told her that I wanted the manager there. She said it was merely about my raise. So I went with her to the conference room. When she closed the door she said my raise was being withheld for 90 days for a bad attitude. I told her the conversation was over and left. By the time I was able to talk to Employee Relations, she had already talked to them and they just repeated what she said, quite rudely I might add. The regional manager tried to intervene on my behalf and I was told that on Wednesday there would be a meeting between him, my supervisor, and me to try and work things out. When I got to work on Wednesday, the manager was not allowed to be there and I was told that this was an employee evaluation. Employee Relations was on the phone with my supervisor and me. My overall job rating was good,except they said I had a bad attitude with my coworkers. I asked for examples and my supervisor couldn't name any specific examples, she said "random complaints". I said I recieved lots of compliments from the people in the office. They said that the people in the office I'm working in don't matter because my supervisor reports to the main office in L.A.
Further, they would not allow me to take a copy of the evaluation with me unless I signed right then. I refused to sign and said I wanted to respond in writing to the allegation against me. They gave me 4 working days to write my rebuttal.

I was so upset by this that my LUPUS has gone into overtime and I'm have pains in my chest and having trouble breathing. My doctor has written a release from work for me. I have not been to work since that Wednesday. At the moment my doctor wants to rule out infection before she says that it was stressed caused.

Please offer any advice you can. Do I have a case against my employer?

P

Police_Retired

You need to go to EEOC and get some advise. My question is what is your raised based on, job performance and getting along with fellow employess. Have you been given a warning about your behavior, during the course of your employment. Remember, your postion was not taken, and you was not fired. You might also have, a numerous complaints from your fellow co- workers. I would love to hear from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">