• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

READ THIS PLEASE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bluswans

Hi all.

My problem is this: I'm an RN licensed to practice nursing in the states of Delaware and Pennsylvania. I'm soon to be arrested and charged with something along the lines of "credit card fraud" or "misuse of credit cards" something like that (in Delaware). I've been assured that the "level" of theft will equate to misdemeanor, as opposed to felony. I've made arrangements to speak with an influencial attorney in my area, hopefully this helps. I have no prior convictions or "marks" on my record, other than the occasional speeding ticket. I'm essentially a good, caring person who got caught up in something completely stupid and out of character.

ANY advice you have, please share with me! It's extremely important that I'm made aware of the rights I have in regard to holding on to my nursing license and current job.I need to know if my license can be revoked, or suspended, or otherwise endangered by my offense, along with my job. My license to practice nursing in both of these states (as well as any other state) hangs in the balance. To complicate matters I recently applied for a traveling nursing position, for which I would need to apply for nursing licensure in a multitude of states if I'm to be successful. Fortunately, I applied for this job before learning of the pending arrest, and was perfectly honest on the application paperwork. I'm sure my lawyer will fight hard for me, but I cannot speak with him until next week and I'm anxious for advice now.

Any help anyone can provide is welcome! Also..feel free to email me as opposed to posting on the board if that is your preference.

Thank you so much in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">