• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reasons not to hire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beej

What is the name of your state? MN
I have one more question (I posted fairly recently on another issue). I hire freelancers and am a small business. One of my freelancers is not comfortable with the terms of the written contract because, while it promises compensation to the writers, it does not state when and how they will be paid. I am not willing to make the changes she asks for because those details change constantly; however, the writers are covered/ ensured payment. Am I legally able to end the "hiring" process at this point? Is there any legal reason why I cannot choose not to hire her if we cannot agree on something like this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are not legally required to hire anyone. If you cannot agree on the terms of employment, you are not legally required to hire her anyway; you are free to hire someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">