• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Receive Unemployment Inurance for Conscientious Objection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FlyingA

What is the name of your state?
California.

I have been employed at a religious broadcaster for 20 plus years. This employer now has left mainline Christianity and holds radically different views from mine, including the belief that people should no longer attend church. I object to the way they proselytize these beliefs based on religious grounds. Can I quit my job and receive unemployment insurance?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

FlyingA said:
What is the name of your state?
California.

I have been employed at a religious broadcaster for 20 plus years. This employer now has left mainline Christianity and holds radically different views from mine, including the belief that people should no longer attend church. I object to the way they proselytize these beliefs based on religious grounds. Can I quit my job and receive unemployment insurance?

My response:

You can quit, but you're not going to get Unemployment Insurance. California has no recognition of "conscientious objection" in terms of employment.

You quit, you're on your own.

IAAL

F

FlyingA

Actually I read on the Employment Development Department website that are grounds to voluntary quit (VQ 90) based on conscientious objection based on religious, ethical, moral or philosophical beliefs.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Call the state unemployment office and ask them. But I'll bet you anything you want that they tell you if you quit, you're on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">