• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

was recent layoff illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m1rose28

I worked for a small dot com which laid off ~13% of the workforce (7 people) as a reduction in force. However, the company is hiring for for positions it laid off (in some instances title-for-title). Is this legal?

moburkes

I worked for a small dot com which laid off ~13% of the workforce (7 people) as a reduction in force. However, the company is hiring for for positions it laid off (in some instances title-for-title). Is this legal?
US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

XNavyLT

Circuit City just did just that. Fired a bunch of top level employees, then offered their old jobs back at a lower wage. I suspect your .com is doing the same. As pathetic as that is.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Assuming that you are anywhere in the US with the possible exception of Montana (quite possibly even including Montana) and based SOLELY on the information contained in your post, yes, it is legal.

It is posssible that additional detail might change the answer.

xylene

When the speed up comes just twiddle your thumbs... ;)

YAY - The IT revolution: We are all middle managers NOW. Much better than unionism. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">