• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recently fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

praenin

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

hi i was recently fired from my job for not performing a certain task correctly i was told 2 times to do it and i thought i was. now i was never trainined at all for this job i volunteered to do it 1 day a week so i could make a little for money, they did not show me anything they just assumed i new what to do and i thought i did but appearently not. so i was wondering can they fire me for something i was never trained to do in the first place

Hot Topic

They had every reason to believe that you volunteered because you knew how to do the job. After telling you twice what to do - and you not doing it - they decided to let you go. Nothing illegal there. Next time make sure you know how to perform the skill before you volunteer.

praenin

i asked him when i volunteered what all i need to do and the manager said ill learn, so when i started i was shown by the people i was working with what i had to do and from what they showed me i was doing, i asked the people i was working with at the time if i was doing it correctly and they all said i was doing good then the manager comes all tells me that im doing it wrong i told him that how i was told and he said o ok well let me show you (he showed me the same exact thing i was doing) so i start doing it again and again asked if im doing if correctly co-workers say yes and again he come to me saying im doing it wrong i ask him (nicely) what exactly am i doing wrong and he starts yelling at me i shrug it off he decides not to show me what im doing wrong so i ask my co-workers again and again they say im not doing anything wrong. on a side note i have been working there for 2 years and have never had any trouble doing my real job there

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">