• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayntou

What is the name of your state? California

When I left my last job I signed a release form. The release stated that I had resigned as well as a lot of legal stuff and was signed by the president. I hired an internet company to check my reference and found that my boss is telling people that I was let go. What is the best way to correct this reference? The company is small and has no HR dept and since I didn't leave on good terms I don't want to speak directly to my old boss. I think I gave up the right to sue when I signed the release form. I currently found another job but I want this reference corrected for when I apply for future positions.

Beth3

Putting aside what the release stated, did you actually voluntarily resign or were you let go?

jayntou

reply: reference

The company said if I signed the release they would say that I resigned otherwise I would be fired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">