• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refusal to be Paid for Hr.s Worked in OH!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lke2960

I worked part-time (@18 hr.s per week) for a privately run school in Trotwood, OH from 9/18/00-10/31/00. No contract was ever signed, but working conditions were not as promised, and then some!
I was offered a much better paying full-time job on 11/1/00. I informed them of this on 11/2/00. They said I could pick up my pay on Monday, 11/6/00. However, on the eve of 11/5/00, they called to tell me they didn't think they should have to pay me & that they were thinking of firing me anyway, but just didn't want to hurt my feelings!

They also refuse to let me enter their place of business to retrieve my belongs. They owe me 51 hr.s ($510.00) plus the cost of a disposable camera I purchased for them, but was never reimbursed as promised.

What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">