• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refusal to pay compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikemilner

hi, my name is mike milner and I am requesting advice regarding my girlfriends recent employment with a Dr's office. She was recently relieved of her duties and given no reason for her dismissal. she received her severance pay and was shorted approximately 24 labor hours. she went in to discuss the error and was told flatly that she was wrong and they were right. she then prepared a presentation complete with her work schedule and the hours she worked as well as the check stubs showing she had not been paid correctly. at this point she was made aware of a variety of deductions which had been made for time she had missed for various appointments, etc. even with these deductions (the majority of which are incorrect as my girlfriend used her one hour lunch break to attend these appointments)even with these deductions there are still at least 17 hours of pay that have not been accounted for. So I joined her in a third attempt to recover the funds. her boss calculated the hours as we sat and watched and she came up with the same figure we arrived at, at which point she promptly declared I had no right to be there and we were both shown the door.
what is our next course of action?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">