• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refusal of Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thekeeper91

we live in california. my 18 yr old was just terminated from her job as dance teacher after 2 1/2+ yrs suddenly & was given the reason over the last few months there were many parent complaints & multiple students dropping out of her classes. 3 wks prior to termination was the 1st time she heard that a couple parents complained she was too hard on girls in one of the classes. the next time she taught that class she apologized and moved on. only 1 student has dropped out of any of her classes. she teaches over 130 a week. my concern at this point is not the termination, although i don't think it is justified, i'm sure it falls she falls as an at will employee. my 18 yr old also takes personal dance lessons at the same place her job was terminated. 2 days after termination, she attended a dance class and everything went well. the next day her employer (sole-proprietor) called her and told her though it was mature of her to attend dance class, she thought it would be better if she did not come back because it makes it too tense at the studio. my daughter created no tension, the only tension felt is by employer who terminated her employment (wrongfully). does she have the right to refuse my daughter to dance at her studio for no fault of my daughters? employment and dance lessons are 2 separate issues. do we have a right to demand our monthly tuition retroactive from the new dance year August 2000 - May 2001 when she was asked to leave? we signed no contract, but it is implied at the beginning of the year that you will be able to perform in the annual recital in June. we feel we have wasted a lot of time and money & just weeks before the performance she is told she cannot dance. lastly, my daughter choreographed 75% of the dances in this years recital. does the employer have a right to take credit for someone elses choregraphy? any advice or direction?

thanks for taking the time to read this and respond,
thekeeper91

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">