• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regarding "Confidential Information"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I was "let go" in July because "work has stopped". At least that's what the boss said when he gave me my last check. I was reviewing the Agreement of Employment regarding "Confidential Information". It spelled out project details, technical details, design information and all info relating to the company scope of work. That I should not talk about it. So I won't. Is employee benefits included in "Confidential Information"? The Agreement does not specify so. I'm wondering what's the latitude to talk/blog about just the employee benefits. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

ecmst12

No, your benefits are not confidential. They are talking about company trade secrets.

Be careful what you blog about in general though. If you go bad mouthing your old company, it's possible that future potential employers could see it and decide not to hire you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">