• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reimbursement Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

juhle67

new york state. i have resigned from my job with a major company after working there for a short while. the company owes me 1 weeks worth of pay and i am obligated to pay back my sign on bonus. the human resources rep. said that i should mail back the sign on bonus (i never cashed the check) and she will confirm receipt. the company has a reputation of cheating former employees and i am afraid that they will not pay me the 1 week they owe and they will not adjust my year end w2 to show my gross wages adjusted (minus bonus check) and taxes paid. the reimbursement aggreement that i signed states that i have to return this sign on money within 10 days. what action can the employer take toward me if i do not send the reimbursement back on a timely basis? i want to wait till the pay period(middle of this month) to make sure they send me my paycheck for 1 week owed before i return the sign on check. what can i do to protect myself?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">