• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reimbursement for moving expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gmenterprize

I was working for a company in Iowa. The initial job offer included reimbursement for moving expenses up to $1,500.
I started working for them on June 1, we immediately put our house up for sale in another state. We reached an agreement with a buyer for our house in August with the contingency that we vacate within 30 days. The closing date was set for Sept 15, with the actual move taking place on Sept 13. Meanwhile, the company in Iowa asked me to resign my position on Sept 1. Now the company is saying they are not responsibile for my moving expenses because I did not work for them at the actual time of the move.
I feel they are responsible because we would have not incurred these moving expenses if I had not accepted their job offer. Should I pursue this matter in small claims court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">