• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Release of Claims Breach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rhh

What is the name of your state? MN

After two years of legal stuff, I accept (out of court) a separation agreement from my previous employer; a siginifiacnt amout of money. Now I apply for a position and they (x-employer) discuss with the potential employeer that we had a legal confrontation, etc. and the interview process is ended.

Our agreemnet states that they are to only discuss my dates of employmnet and positions held. I'm held to the same non-disparagement clause. I resigned to pursue other interests, etc.....

Worth discussing with an attorney or a waste of time?

Thanks for your insight!

Betty

Did the potential employer tell you that your former employer indicated you had a legal confrontation & that is why they ended the interview?

You might want to take the separation agreement to an employment attorney for review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">