• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

religious discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lawcurious

I am a member of a church. Another church member aided me in getting a job working with the stock market.

We had a verbal contract going in to the workplace that my job was contingent upon my obedience to the Lord. Now, in the opinion of other church member, who happens to be a partner in the company that hired me, I am no longer an obedient member of our church, as I have been ex-communicated. He has told me that I no longer have this job as well. I make approx. $30,000/year, and have been there for 2-3 months. I had the potential to make a lot more money in the near future with this company.

I have no written contract of any kind with my employer, neither do they have a handbook or other literature that would state this as a pre-requisite to working for this firm.

Do I have grounds to bring religious discrimination charges against them? If so, could the outcome net enough to be worth my time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">