• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation Payback on Tax Gross-up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FL golfer

On my relocation payback document it states "Voluntarily terminated employees will not be eligible for tax gross-up assistance" - What does this really mean? I have completed 10 months of a 12 month contract and the payback amount is currently 25% of all relocation reimbursements. The company has paid Fed withholding taxes on all eligible expenses up to this point. If I resign tomorrow, will the company make me pay 25% or 100% of the taxes already paid in?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information,not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Not sure, but wow, interesting terminology. Sounds like they are trying to confuse you ...it confused me!

Try doing an Internet search for such an article or discussion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">