• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relocation and recinded job offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

super90210

What is the name of your state? Illinois

If a company offers you a relocation package and were to recind the offer after you arrive for whatever reason, are they still required to pay you relocation reimbursements as promised?

There is nothing in the relocation information that indicates a recinding of the job offer will make the relocation reimbursements null and void.

BelizeBreeze

super90210 said:
Does anyone have any general feedback on this policy?
Then take it to a local attorney who can read it.

You are not going to get any relevant legal advice on a contract that we can't read.

T

Trucking Mad

super90210 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

If a company offers you a relocation package and were to recind the offer after you arrive for whatever reason, are they still required to pay you relocation reimbursements as promised?

There is nothing in the relocation information that indicates a recinding of the job offer will make the relocation reimbursements null and void.
You're between a rock and a hard place. What does your contract clearly state about your relocation. Are to to be reimbursed for your expense after you start? Look at the details and decide if you want to pursue it legally with an attorney

BelizeBreeze

Trucking Mad said:
You're between a rock and a hard place. What does your contract clearly state about your relocation. Are to to be reimbursed for your expense after you start? Look at the details and decide if you want to pursue it legally with an attorney
This is a VOLUNTARY relocation. :rolleyes:

T

Trucking Mad

BelizeBreeze said:
This is a VOLUNTARY relocation. :rolleyes:
All moves are voluntary. Companies typically make offers to relocate with financial and promotional rewards based on the persons acceptance to the offer therefore making it a voluntary action

HomeGuru

Trucking Mad said:
All moves are voluntary. Companies typically make offers to relocate with financial and promotional rewards based on the persons acceptance to the offer therefore making it a voluntary action

**A: what the truck are you talking about? Are you Trucking Mad?
You had better do more trucking research before giving the wrong trucking answer.

T

Trucking Mad

HomeGuru said:
**A: what the truck are you talking about? Are you Trucking Mad?
You had better do more trucking research before giving the wrong trucking answer.
I believe I have stated my advice to the person seeking advice do you have some advice to add or do you just want to badger someone

HomeGuru

Trucking Mad said:
I believe I have stated my advice to the person seeking advice do you have some advice to add or do you just want to badger someone

**A: are you trucking someone?

signed,
trucking badger

BelizeBreeze

Trucking Mad said:
You're Funny
And your ADVICE is crap.

The poster wanted to move. He asked the company if he could continue to work only now remotely from his new residence. The company allowed him to do so but when THEY needed him to work. NOT when the employee wanted to work.

This poster has NO LEGAL claim to anything except to find a new job or acceed to the company's working hours.

Now, try sniffing something other than axel grease.

T

Trucking Mad

BelizeBreeze said:
And your ADVICE is crap.

The poster wanted to move. He asked the company if he could continue to work only now remotely from his new residence. The company allowed him to do so but when THEY needed him to work. NOT when the employee wanted to work.

This poster has NO LEGAL claim to anything except to find a new job or acceed to the company's working hours.

Now, try sniffing something other than axel grease.
What does this crap have to do with this poster. maybe you need to pull your head out and get your posters right. Quit sniffing the glue BB

BelizeBreeze

Trucking Mad said:
What does this crap have to do with this poster. maybe you need to pull your head out and get your posters right. Quit sniffing the glue BB
O.K. Smartass, tell this forum exactly what the relocation package entails.

I'll wait.

T

Trucking Mad

BelizeBreeze said:
O.K. Smartass, tell this forum exactly what the relocation package entails.

I'll wait.
The only SMARTASS here is You. You need to move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">