• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

replaced after medical leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tizzer

I have been out on medical leave due to hysterectomy. when i returned i was restricted to what my duties could be. no lifting of 15lbs. no full week, and was to sit after 2 hours on the floor.(i manage a restaurant)i came back to work only to find was that all that they wanted me to do was baby sit. after working 48 hours the first week mon-sun. i had to return to the dr. to be told i was out for another week. they have changed the codes to the register so i can not void tickets, can not get in to change peoples names or to adjust thier times.can no longer even approve a schedule change. i have been doing this for two years and now i am being pushed a side. what are my recources. thank you bev in indiana

------------------

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I am sorry to hear this but this is my take:

1. Did your job duties require you to be 100% healthy and able?

2. Did the duties they took away from you duties you would not be able to handle consistently and reasonably when you were recovering?
Go to the following website and begin with quickstart for employees: www.eeoc.gov

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">