• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

required employment application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Robert Burke

OHIO The trucking company I work for is requiring me to fill out an employment app. with another trucking co. I refused and was given a disciplinary suspension for not filling the app. out. The other trucking co. is supplying my co. with operating authority and leasing drivers back. I have recently found that the co. providing the services is not legally licensed to provide those services in ohio. Can they require me to fill out an app. with a co. that isn't legally licensed in the state. I have forwarded this info to unemployment in hopes of getting my unemployment. and I'm curious how it works in regards to public policy.
Thank You!

Beth3

"Can they require me to fill out an app. with a co. that isn't legally licensed in the state." Sure. Whether this other company can legally require you to DRIVE for them in the State is another matter. It's also possible this other company is in the process of obtaining the necessary licensing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">