• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Required to give 30 days notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DCBog

FloridaWhat is the name of your state?

I live and work in Florida. I have found another job at another company and want to resign from my current employer and give 2 weeks written notice. I am a permanent employee, not a contractor. When I was hired I signed an employment contract.

It has the following wording "Either party may terminate at any time for any reason or for no reason upon giving the other party 30 days’ written notice. If the Company terminates the employee for any reason other than cause, or for no reason, and such termination is made effective immediately or at any
other time before the expiration of the foregoing 30-day notice period, then the Company shall pay the employee’s base salary, in lieu of notice, for the remainder of such notice period."

Can I leave with only giving 2 weeks notice? If so are there any ramifications.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First of all, are you certain that what you signed is actually a contract? Many people believe they have contracts when in fact they do not.

If what you have is actually a contract, what ramifications there are will be contained in the contract itself. We cannot tell, on the basis of the single paragraph you have posted (removed from context) what the rest of the contract may dictate.

You will have to show the ENTIRE document to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">