• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Required to produce documents in a deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stor698

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. I have a depsotion in about a week. My previous employers are suing each other(onely 2 in the LLC)I have been required to produce any and all documents peetaining to the business when I appear for my deposition. The question is I also have a lawsuit againt the company-I am the plantiff-discover has already been done and these lawyers received everything I had from my lawyer-do I neeed to get these documents again or can I refer them to my case number for the procuction of documents? The twist to this is I am currentl representing myself looking for a new lawyer-My box of my own law suit is with a potential new lawyer for review. It would be very difficult to produce these documents again. What happens if I sow up for the depositon with no documents and tell them I gave them what I had before? I am so stressed about this I have no lawyer and I just know they are going to try to mix the two cases together.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

If you have been subpoenaed to produce documents and you show up without them, I would imagine you could be held in contempt of court.

What happened to your previous attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">