• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requiring donations to nonprofit employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

geo2

What is the name of your state? MA

I work for a non-profit institution and have been told that "they would like to see 100% participation" by the staff toward the capital campaign, i.e. we are required to give our employers money. They said the amount doesn't matter, but if we want to give $100, we can take it out of our paycheck a little every week.

I feel strongly that this "donation" is not voluntary, and that if I don't give them a significant sum, my position is in jeapordy.

Isn't there some law against pressuring employees to give money to their employers?

HomeGuru

geo2 said:
What is the name of your state? MA

I work for a non-profit institution and have been told that "they would like to see 100% participation" by the staff toward the capital campaign, i.e. we are required to give our employers money. They said the amount doesn't matter, but if we want to give $100, we can take it out of our paycheck a little every week.

I feel strongly that this "donation" is not voluntary, and that if I don't give them a significant sum, my position is in jeapordy.

Isn't there some law against pressuring employees to give money to their employers?
**A: is not the name of your employer different than the name of the nonprofit organization that will be the benefactor of your contribution?

G

geo2

**A: is not the name of your employer different than the name of the nonprofit organization that will be the benefactor of your contribution?

Q:
No. My employer is a nonprofit, and the contribution would be to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">