• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GEIST

Sorry guys: This is a two part quest.
1. If there is an employment rule in place, such as all city employees must live within city boundaries within 1 year of hire date, and 1 union or group succeeds in overturning that rule in their contract negotiations- how does that effect all other groups or unions under that law?
2. I know that in some places, residency has been judged unconstitutional. If anyone knows where or why it would greatly help my crusade. Thanx for any info.

L

Law_Dude

If under your first question, a union or other group overturned (either through the union process or through the courts) the residency requirement for a governmental employee, then I would think that said requirement would be invalid for all governmental employees. Whether they were covered by a union or not. The second question I am not sure what you are asking. If you are asking what states or courts have made such rulings, I don't know. You may be able to find that information at WWW.Job-law.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">