• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resign or be fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jiachini

I live in Oregon. I was hired while living in PA. I signed a 3 year contract. After being employed for 6 months, I found out that my staff adamently disapproved of my hiring. The employee that I replaced remained on staff as part-time but could not let go of having the authority. Consequently, I was confronted with severe roadblocks for advancing the program I was hired to change. I had no support from my administrative boss. Ultimately, I was given the choice to resign or be fired. I uprooted my family from PA for this position, the company paid the moving costs, I bought a house dependant on my income for the 3 year contract. Is there any recourse since I was in a 3 year contract and there were only conflicts with my managerial style not performance?

L

loku

Your rights depend on the terms of your contract. The legal question would be whether they had good cause to terminate you under the terms of the contract.

There is a possible exception that may help you. The parties to a contact have a duty not to interfere with the performance of the other parties, so if you could prove that the problem was caused by an unreasonable interference on the part of the company, you could win a breach of contract suit.

To find out if you have a good case, you should contact an employment law attorney in Oregon. Your case, if you have one, is a fairly sophisticated one to prove.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">