• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

resign or termination and bonus earned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JackB

jack bailey worked for the Pantry Inc,in jacksonville, florida. was given a choice of resigning or be fired after an employee alleged that he told me he was being sexually harrassed by his manager. it was his word against mine i fired him for violation of co policy, 4 days later he calls me and complains of sexual harrassment, told the co. he told me sooner, he did not and has not proof he did. i declined to resign and was termed. question is no.1 i earned a bonus for period Jan - Mar they were issued before I was told i was termed can they legally keep this bonus and question no.2 do i have a right to copies of documents relating to the harrassment investigation such as statements, etc.

[Edited by JackB on 05-10-2001 at 08:57 PM]

W

wachapp

resign or terminate

I am a 15 yrs veteran of the unemployment compensation system and have some quailfication to address some of your question. Have you filed a claim for Unemployment? Because if you have, and a subsequent decision to deny your benefits based on the job separation is made, you may appeal that decision. In your preparation for the appeal those documents the employer provided to the Agency should be provided to you. There may be a cost, but....

If you earned it, you should be able to get it.Maybe through Small Claims Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">