• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resignation notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JerseyMom2002

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I have been on maternity leave, and told my employer I would be back in January, but I have changed my mind. Now the employer is threatening me with legal action, they claim my contract requires 60 days notice. I do not have a copy of the contract, and since it is school-related, I only remember signing a contract for last year, yet the employer claims they renew annually.
How much $ could this cost me? If it is 60days worth of wages, I would let them sue me. I really never want to work for this company again.

pattytx

If you actually have a valid contract (not just an offer letter or similar) you need to have it reviewed by a local attorney with knowledge of contract law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">