• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

resignation turned into termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skutrlady

i turned in my two weeks notice and my employer only "allowed" to stay for two days. i was not compensated for the remaining eight days. i was in essence, fired for quitting. i have heard that Kansas has a law that says that my employer can't do that. is this true? i do live in kansas.

W

wachapp

resignation to termination

I am a veteran State employee in UC and have experience in this area. Not in Kansas but have access to their UC law.

However, the basic theory is that if you tell the employer you intend to no longer work for him the dates have no meaning and he may separate you at any point and you quit the job... I will check and repost. Or you could call your local unemployment claims office

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">