• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resignation without Choice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sol

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I was a store manager in a rental store. An associate of mine and I no longer are employed. They stated that we stole from the company. Drinks were drunk, then at the end of the month/week/period, they were paid for. This was how the previous store manager taught me and this is what I passed on. Never in the handbook was there policies of drinking or eating. Also, there was never any type of formal training. Loss Prevention stated they were looking into the store (average of 2-4 months) though the previous store manager was doing this from March '05 to September '05. Never once was any action taken, training done, nor Loss prevention brought in. Me and the associate were the only two males. He was terminated because of "theft", and I resigned without notice after seeing the treatment towards him and when I came in on my off day on the day they wanted to "talk", there were 3 other store managers from other stores there. Not to talk, but to do an inventory of the store since I wasnt going to have a job at the end of the day. Since all this, the new store manager is telling customers that I and the other associate are no longer working there because of theft, the District manager right before firing the other associate told him "You admitted that you stole from the company". Never was there any admittance. We admitted to drinking for drinks and paying for them on a later date all at once. The Loss Prevention manager who interviewed us (seperatly) started his conversation asking where we wanted to go with the company. The District Manager has shown neglect towards the store in the past on a few accounts and has never properly trained me, or the previous store manager. Is slander, wrongful termination, and lost wages out of the question. Any questions, ask away.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is slander, wrongful termination, and lost wages out of the question.

Nothing in your post gives you a claim for slander, wrongful termination or lost wages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">