• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resigned due to stress level/denied ui/upcoming appeal/HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MBOYETTE4

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?SC I resigned due to the stress level in the office. I was on medication to help with the stress but was forced to stop taking it due to $ problems. I was told if I liked working I had to due things that were illegal like posting post dated checks. Now I was denied UI because I quit without good cause. My only two witnesses still work in the office & are afraid of reprucussions. My appeal is coming up, what do I do?

Beth3

You can contact the UC office and have your two witnesses subpoenaed if you wish to. Other than that, all you can do is go to the hearing and state your case. Even with witnesses (who may or may not have anything pertinent to testify to), it's doubtful you will prevail. Claiming you quit for "good cause" is a high legal standard to meet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">