• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resigning and 2-week Vacation Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Recruiter

Okay, I am going to try this again. My first post didn't show up.

I am getting ready to give my 2-week notice to my employer. I have 2-weeks of vacation time that I received on my aniversary date back in September. I have not used any of this two weeks. I am afraid that my employer is not going to pay me for these two weeks when I give my notice. I have heard that they are required to pay you for any unused vaction pay but am not able to find when the law says they have to pay you. Does anybody know????

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You didn't post your state so I can't give you the exact code. But I believe the Department of Labor also has this listed:

http://www.dol.gov/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">