• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rest breaks not meal breaks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christynewman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california,redding
i was recently fired from my job for not locking a door that held the toliet paper and paper towels i wasnt respons. for locking that door the managers wife was and they were new and she probally didnt know it , if he wanted to start locking the door before i left everyday all he had to do is nask well he decided to make a big deal out of it and than get into a agruement with my boyfriend after my boyfriend seen i was crying because managment had been yelling at me all morning and i couldnt take much more andthan i was fired in the middle of their argument and also evicted three days later because as a part of my pay wage is free rent as my raise or bonus well for the whole three years i never took a rest break for fear of being fired we were all told if caught not working when owners came into town we would be fired and they did they fired two former employees while coming off their break . i told labor board about my breaks and witness's and they tlod me unless employer physcially stopped me from taking a break that i cant prove it it that true

eerelations

One more time...your termination was legal.

If you're asking about the labor board's refusal to accept your claim, well, it is what it is. Or do you think we have the authority to overturn labor board decisions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">