• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaliated against for whistle blowing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

COD5000

What is the name of your state?Nj I was fired in November of 04 from a large freight/courier service company for contacting OSHA about a public health hazzard. For a period of over 2 years one of my co-workers was using the cargo area of a truck as a rest room. I found out that he often urniated on the floor and walls. When i brought this to the attention of management they did not do anything to clean and/or sanitize the area. I called OSHA and after they contacted my managers the problem was resolved. Two months later i was fired for "misconduct" This is being investigated by my company internally as well as by OSHA. I have photos and i can obtain statements from former co-employees to verify this. I have not contacted any of the former places on the route that the truck was used daily. These people have the right to know that there packages did come in contact with, and the contents possibly were tainted with urine. The largest account that was a daily stop for me was Phizer. Every day i unknowingly placed their packages in the exact areas where they did contact this hazzard. Every day i took from them medication and many products that are either applied to or consumed by the human body. The manager that i can prove was the leed in my terminattion did say that i will be fired several weeks before i was. He also had total knowledge of the extenuating circumstances that were used to fabracate the "misconduct" charge. I am looking for agressive counsel to help me find justice.

Beth3

This not the way to find an attorney. You can try the search feature at this site and/or contact your local Bar Association to obtain referrals to attorneys in your area that handle this kind of claim.

C

CheeseBlotto

COD5000 said:
I am looking for agressive counsel to help me find justice.
It's very unlikely you will find one here. The legal specialty in these parts is "you have no case". That's why they have the time to respond here. The type of lawyer you are seeking is too busy for this.

BTW, you DO have a case.

Beth3

Who told him he didn't have a case? He may well but since we have no information whatsoever about his termination, it's impossible to say with certainty that he DOES have a case. Absent further information, the best that can be said is that the timing is highly suspect and warrants investigation.

C

CheeseBlotto

Beth3 said:
Who told him he didn't have a case? He may well but since we have no information whatsoever about his termination, it's impossible to say with certainty that he DOES have a case. Absent further information, the best that can be said is that the timing is highly suspect and warrants investigation.
You are correct. What I should have said was that the OP should not believe anyone who posts that he doesn't have a case. Who has said he doesn't? No one so far. Unfortunately, there are a couple of frequent posters who give this "advice" as a default, when they actually speak to the question at all, and not just issue some smart-assed remark. Actually, the smart-assed remark is better, as when they actually attempt to address the law, at least in this area, they are wrong at least as often as they are correct.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
the OP should not believe anyone who posts that he doesn't have a case

That may well be true. However, it is just as true that he shouldn't believe anyone who say he does.

It is just as impossible to say with certainty that someone does have a case as that they don't, considering how little information most posts contain. All anyone can offer is their opinion based on the info we've been provided.

C

CheeseBlotto

cbg said:
the OP should not believe anyone who posts that he doesn't have a case

That may well be true. However, it is just as true that he shouldn't believe anyone who say he does.
I agree. Unfortunately, some attorneys clearly not versed in this area of the law get on and tell posters they have no case, when the facts stated do not support such a judgement.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My point, CheeseBlotto, is that the only person on this thread who has made any kind of definitive statement about this poster's case is you.

C

CheeseBlotto

cbg said:
My point, CheeseBlotto, is that the only person on this thread who has made any kind of definitive statement about this poster's case is you.
And when it was pointed out, I corrected my error.

Getting back to the OP's topic, there are enough facts presented to say without fear of contradiction, that the poster should persue the matter with a local attorney.

Better?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">