• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaliation and Disability Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola Lisa5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Michigan

Simple question. An attorney sent a letter to me attempting to legalize conducting an investigation with and on behalf of her client who unlawfully terminated my employment because I had opposed and complained of disability discrimination. The employer failed to follow its own policies and procedures to conduct an investigation of my complaint. The attorney's letter is actually proof my former employer failed to conduct the investigation. The attorney marked the letter "confidential." Can the letter be used as proof the investigation was not conducted by the employer?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Michigan

Simple question. An attorney sent a letter to me attempting to legalize conducting an investigation with and on behalf of her client who unlawfully terminated my employment because I had opposed and complained of disability discrimination. The employer failed to follow its own policies and procedures to conduct an investigation of my complaint. The attorney's letter is actually proof my former employer failed to conduct the investigation. The attorney marked the letter "confidential." Can the letter be used as proof the investigation was not conducted by the employer?
What makes you think your former employer was required to follow its own policies?

Lola Lisa5

Corporate Policies

What makes you think your former employer was required to follow its own policies?
What makes you think I'd listen to you, Mr. "I am not an attorney." Don't get evil with me because I can beat them at their own game, lol.

Lola Lisa5

Can't Answer a Simple Question?

And what makes you think it's a "simple question?"
What makes you think the question isn't simple when the last sentence is a question? Don't get mad at me because I know the answer to the question and can beat them at their own game, lol!

Mass_Shyster

Michigan

Simple answer. Your former employer likely has an insurance policy that will pay their legal fees in a discrimination lawsuit. My understanding is that an insurance-backed lawfirm is not likely to begin any serious settlement discussions until after discovery is complete, and a motion for summary judgment has been denied.

OHRoadwarrior

You are truly a legend in your own mind. Come back when you have a question and are willing to discuss the situation.

What makes you think the question isn't simple when the last sentence is a question? Don't get mad at me because I know the answer to the question and can beat them at their own game, lol!

eerelations

OP employers aren't legally required to follow their own policies. This is a legal fact and it's what caused Zigner's question. I don't understand why Zigner's perfectly reasonable and polite question caused all this crazed vitriol from you. Your response is really puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">