• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaliation/harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sablek

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am the only black who works for my manager they has retaliated against me because of a complaint I wrote to them about some illegal hiring practices. My manager wrote on my performance review that "I need to look outside of his/her departments to pursue my career interests because only lateral moves are available to me within the current organization". HR signed off on it with agreement.

My manager claims the word "organization" means because I am his/her direct report and if I want to go up the ladder under him/her it would be a lateral move.

Since then my manager "promoted' a white female who also reports to him/her.

What is my recourse if any?

I was also given a "severance pay package" by HR which they lied to me and told me it was back pay. HR also told me that I had to sign the "serverance package" before I can get a raise. I decided to tape the conversations because I realize that they were trying to get rid of me.

What is my recourse can I use the tapes in court?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What EVIDENCE do you have that you were termed BECAUSE you complained?

sablek

Retaliation/ Harrasment

Georgia-

I am sorry they have not fired or laid me off yet, but they took my job from me and have me sitting real silly in the office with no work everyday.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Fine. What EVIDENCE do you have that they are having you sit in an office with no work to do BECAUSE you complained?

sablek

Retatliation/ harasment

The evidence is that I have no work, my boss sent a email to the company and told them where to re-direct my current duties and I sitting in the office everyday with no work. This is frustrating!!! What are they trying to commit me to "constructive termination".

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The fact that they are not giving you any work is NOT evidence that they are doing it because you complained. All that is evidence of is that they are not giving you any work.

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm not saying you are right, either. But you are not giving me anything to work from. You're jumping from step A to step D and leaving out B and C.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">