• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retalitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toughguy5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

we filed a letter of racism against a supervisor in our dept. the city got the letter. the supervisor confessed to the remark and was terminated. the then the city found out we sent the letter after came after us. we retained a lawyer before we was terminated...the city then tried to find out who wrote the letter, they came down to the meter shop and questioned all employees who wrote the letter and who sent the letter, no one ever mentioned GPS or time sheets. well no one admitted to the letters not even us. they found out we wrote the letter after the lawyer sent the mayors a demands letter to stop and desist the terminations. that didn't happen. since they realized they couldn't come after us for the letter, they decided to use the GPS on the city trucks we worked in to track us. we did nothing wrong we was working in the city at the time they GPS us. the city filled a summary judgment against us, it was denied. Here is a copy:

CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA,

Defendant(s).

ORDER ON DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

THIS CAUSE came before the Court upon the Defendant, CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA's Motion for Summary Judgment. The Court has reviewed the Motion, the Memorandum filed in support thereof, the Supplemental Memorandum as well as the authorities cited by the Defendant. In addition, the Court has reviewed the Plaintiffs opposition and various depositions, affidavits and other mattes filed .of record both in support of and opposition to the Motion. In addition, this Court has considered the arguments of counsel and reviewed in detail the record in this cause. Based upon the foregoing, it is
CONSIDERED, ORDERED AND ADJUDGED as follows:

To the extent the Plaintiffs' claims fall under the "participation clause" of Florida
Statutes 760.10(7), the Motion is granted. Furthermore, to the extent that the Plaintiff's claim that retaliation was the result of counsel's letter of March 29, 2011, the Motion is granted. In all other
respects the Motion is denied, since the Court finds there are material is/of fact, albeit

tenuous, that prevent Summary Judgment i is matter. /.. ,
DONE AND ORDERED this JQ_'-da' y of Decemb7. West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida. L
: "• . DAVID F. CROW
CIRCUIT COURT JUDGE

our lawyer is now tell us we need to settle this case before the judge give a D.V.

we need to know if he is telling us the truth or the city has made a deal with him to pay his fee and dump us.

My bad, what I meant was is this possible and can the judge do this? what would be our other options at this point.

Last edited:

eerelations

we need to know if he is telling us the truth or the city has made a deal with him to pay his fee and dump us.
There is no possible way for anyone to know this without being psychic. To the best of my knowledge, there are no psychic volunteers on this site.

toughguy5

There is no possible way for anyone to know this without being psychic. To the best of my knowledge, there are no psychic volunteers on this site.

My bad, what I meant was is this possible and can the judge do this? what would be our other options at this point.

quincy

If you don't believe what your lawyer is telling you, I suggest you find a lawyer you trust.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">