• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retirement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floydlad

What is the name of your state? CA

do I really need to submit a resignation before retirement? is this the standard procedure?What is the name of your state?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law addressing this. If that's what your employer wants you to do, then that's what you need to do.

Beth3

do I really need to submit a resignation before retirement? That's up to your employer but since retirement is still a voluntary resignation, it is appropriate for you to do so.

is this the standard procedure? Everywhere I've worked, yes.

What's the problem with giving your employer a document stating that you plan to retire as of da/mo/yr?

Floydlad

I thought there are other ways doing it, like handling me forms to fill in and making retirement officially acknowledged by the company. Anyways, thanks to all who responded. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">