• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retraction of promotion and raise as a "for cause" employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pauline Luce

I'm a VFW club employee. I was voted in as manager at their July Executive board meeting/ also their regular members meeting that evening. At their Aug. 8 Executive board meeting I was given a raise to go along with the title. Their Exe. minutes were passed at their reg. meeting, passing all my ideas and my raise. At the end of the long regular meeting a motion was brought to the floor and my title was given to someone else.(a veteran)
Some members have since told me that they were unaware of what they were voting on as they thought the issue was closed. I am in a hostile work place, and there has been much mental harassment in the past and I'm sure it is only going to get worse. Do I have any rights in this matter? I have a contract to work for them until Feb. of 2003 as their bookkeeper, but the stress of this job is almost intolerable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">