• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Returned from disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

simplyconfused1

CA, I was put on disability from Feb to May 25 of this year to undergo back surgery. I was released to go back to work in June and returned working a few days a week as that was all that was needed. I am in a professinal firm. I receive an email last week from my boss stating that I would continue to be a full time employee with a guaranteed 40 hrs/wk at a reduced rate to keep my benefits (additionally 5 others are receiving the same agreement), but when I was not billable (billing the clients for my time) I would keep this reduced wage. This week (today) I received an email from the personnel office stating that I am now a temporary employee and will not be receiving benefits nor the guaranteed 40 promised in my email. I am wondering if this is legal? I am being singled out and unfortunately it appears to be bacause of my previous back injury. Please help me out, I am simply confused. Thanks in advance, Jay

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If others are in the same situation what makes you think it's because of your injury?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">