• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Returning to Work from Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

qcace

I went off work for surgery on disability, and while off my company had a layoff. They told me that when I was released to return to work I would be terminated since my position was being discontinued. Because of pay cuts and layoffs, many employees are seeking work elsewhere. If a position opens up in a different department than the one I worked in, and my doctor releases me, can I force the company to take me back to a different job? They have allowed other employees to come back from disability and perform a different job in the past. They have also let employees transfer between these two departments when it suited them. If they hire someone off the street instead of allowing me the opportunity get the position, would I have cause to file a discrimination complaint? I am still technically an employee of the company. The company policy indicates they will fill vacancies from within the company before hiring from outside whenever possible. I have 9 years of documented excellent work performance. I work in Texas.

[email protected]

QC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">