• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revised contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scottfpi

I signed a employment contract which stipulated salary, bonuses, stock options, and moving expenses. Since the downturn in the economy my employer has eliminated the bonuses and has asked me (and I have complied) to sign a letter which states that any prior agreements made by the company are now void.

Question: (I live in CA) Does this letter void my requirement for paying back the company moving expenses (which had an 18month term) should I decide to leave on my own? Does the companies cancelling of bonus payments set out in hire letter provide a cancellation on the moving expenses?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Does the letter you signed revoking your right to the bonuses make any mention of the moving expenses?

S

scottfpi

The letter was non-specific and designed for all employees. It was not addressed by any company executive. It stated that any employment agreement made by the company in regards to length of employement (written or oral) was terminated.

As I remember it (no copy made, my bad) nothing was said about salary, and no mention of moving expenses was made. I see the point.

If my employer violates a part of my employement contract (bonus) as a part of a companywide decision to stop paying bonuses, does this void this same contracts requirement to payback moving expenses?

S

scottfpi

The letter was non-specific and designed for all employees. It was not addressed by any company executive. It stated that any employment agreement made by the company in regards to length of employement (written or oral) was terminated.

As I remember it (no copy made, my bad) nothing was said about salary, and no mention of moving expenses was made. I see the point.

If my employer violates a part of my employement contract (bonus) as a part of a companywide decision to stop paying bonuses, does this void this same contracts requirement to payback moving expenses?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">