• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoking already earned commission!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lpotts

can my er revoke my daily commission based on a new thing he's trying? I am in the entertainment industry, my commission is based on the # of video tapes,etc that i sell per day. At the end of the day we now have to submit a total # of tapes(ones we physically count and ones that are rented) if our tape count is off by three we no longer receive comissions for that day. I don't know where the initial tape count comes from because we don't count in at the beginning of the shift. I think the initial count is computer generated quarterly. Since we aren't actually counting the # of tapes on hand at the beginning of each shift, how can I be held liable for the numbers not matching up at the end of my shift. How do I know that the initial count of tapes is true & correct? This has not been presented to us in writing or otherwise. Can they just take my commission as they see fit. If so, don't they have to give me something in writing? This is only one store out of an entire chain that is doing this. I believe it is meant for me to take the fall as I know my mgr doesn't like me. I seem to be the only one that doesn't even out, and I think that everyone else fudges their #'s so they won't lose their commission, because i know how to count! Please help in any way, thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">