• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anchty

Sir,
A question I have is this, A individual that receives and is convicted of a General Court Martial in the United States Army, is this a felony conviction? If so where can this be found in writing.
Thank You,
RS

misguided

Look at the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). A general court martial usually is the result of being acussed of committing a felony in the first place. A General Court martial is heard by a judge, and can pass sentence up to death(in the case of desertion). General Court Martial can be "googled' and several descriptions will show up.

Last edited:
But..are you asking this question becasue you want to know if you have to disclose that you have a "felony" in your record...when you apply for a job or something? From what I've seen, people with Court Marshal on their record don't equate it to "felony". Although it may mean the same, it's in different court of law and it's kept separate for a reason. I dont' think it will show up on any employment background search. I personally know of a military personnel with Court Marshal record who had no problem getting a job in civilian world. So good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">