• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rif

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmr1163

What is the name of your state?
NJ

In a Reduction in Force due to a reorganization, do I have any recourse if the company eliminates my position (VP-Finance Manager) and then two business days later, the company posts an open position (VP-Finance Officer) within the same department that is essentially the same job duties and skill set?

I am wondering whether I should contact a lawyer to pursue any legal course of action.

ALawyer

It appears you know the answer. If you are in a "protected class" under federal or state law (such as over age 40, disabled, minority, etc. etc.) the RIF was but a pretext you've a good reason to see a lawyer, and may have a great discrimination claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">